Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Input output tables are tables used in mathematics where there is a column for input terms and another column for output terms. How the input changes into output is the main question that we have to answer.
See the fact file below for more information on the input output tables or alternatively, you can download our 28-page Input Output Tables worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment. This worksheet is broken down by Beginner, intermediate and advanced meaning you can choose the complexity level for your student.
Key Facts & Information
- Input output tables help to represent data and show relationship between the data.
- The input changes into output by following a certain pattern.
- By finding this pattern or rule, we can predict output terms.
- These tables help students organize data and solve problems.
What are input output tables?
- Input output tables are tables used in mathematics where there is a column for input terms and another column for output terms. How the input changes into output is the main question that we have to answer. There is always a rule that input output tables follow. There is a hidden pattern in the table that we need to find in order to find the output terms. These tables are of great use as we can learn to arrange and organize our data using these tables. Moreover these tables help students understand the relation between numbers. They enhance the mental skills of students and also improve their problem solving skills. The tables look like this:
How to solve input output tables?
- Input out tables have rows and columns. There are two columns. One column shows input values and the other column shows the respective output values. Now how the input changes into output is the main question. The answer to this is that these tables follow a certain rule. According to that rule the input converts to output. If we have missing data in such a table we have to find the rule so that we can apply it on our input to get the missing data. Here this will be explained more properly with the help of a few examples:
- Here we have a input output table with three inputs. When we observe the first input and output we see that by adding 1 to our input we get our output. That means by adding 1 to 1 we get 2. The input in the second row is 3 and by adding 1 to it we get our output 4. Similarly for the third input, adding 1 to it gives us our output so the rule in this case is: “add 1 to input”.
- Here we observe another table:
- In this table when we observe our first input we see that by adding 3 to the first input we get the respective output. This means by adding 3 to 6 we get 9. For the second input we add 3 to 7 to get 10. For the third input we add 3 to 10 to get 13. So the hidden rule in this table to get output is “add 3 to input”.
- Here we observe another table:
- In this table when we observe the first input we see that if we double it , or in other words multiply it by 2 we get our output. So first output is given by 2 + 2 and is equal to 4. The second output is given by 6 + 6 and is equal to 12. The third output is given by 7 + 7 and is equal to 14. So the rule here to get the output is “double the input” .
- Find the missing terms in the table:
- The missing terms in the table are A and B. When we observe this table we see that adding 2 to first input gives the output:
2 + 2 = 4
- If we observe the third term we again notice that adding 2 to the term gives the output:
7 + 2 = 9
- For the fifth term the same rules is followed:
13 + 2 = 15
- So to find A, we add 2 to 6:
A = 6 + 2
A = 8
- To find B, we add 2 to 10:
B = 10 + 2
九九热线有精品视频90在线观看 九九热线有精品视频90无删 九九热线有精品视频90在线观看 九九热线有精品视频90无删 ,姐姐的朋友4韩国电影逗号在线观看 姐姐的朋友4韩国电影逗 姐姐的朋友4韩国电影逗号在线观看 姐姐的朋友4韩国电影逗 ,两个男人一个前面一个后面在线观看 两个男人一个前面一个 两个男人一个前面一个后面在线观看 两个男人一个前面一个 B = 12
- Find the missing term in the input output table:
- In this table when we observe the first input output combination we see that when we subtract 3 from input we get our output:
8 – 3 = 5
- The same thing is followed for the second, fourth and fifth input:
6 – 3 = 3
9 – 3 = 6
11 – 3 = 8
- So the rule here says that subtract 3 from input to get output. To find the missing output A we apply the same rule:
7 – 3 = 4
A = 4
Input Output Tables Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Input Output tables across 28 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Input Output Tables worksheets that are perfect for teaching students about the input output tables which are tables used in mathematics where there is a column for input terms and another column for output terms. How the input changes into output is the main question that we have to answer.
Complete List Of Included Worksheets
- Worksheet 1 (Beginner)
- Worksheet 2 (Beginner)
- Worksheet 3 (Beginner)
- Worksheet 4 (Beginner
- Worksheet 5 (Intermediate)
- Worksheet 6 (Intermediate)
- Worksheet 7 (Intermediate)
- Worksheet 8 (Intermediate)
- Worksheet 9 (Advance)
- Worksheet 10 (Advance)
- Worksheet 11 (Advance)
- Worksheet 12 (Advance)
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Input Output Tables Worksheets: /a> - KidsKonnect, March 29, 2019
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.